Left-wing politics from the US to Nepal, via Zimbabwe, South America and Palestine.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Torture in Nepal

"Then I felt a powerful electric shock. I became rigid and noises came from my mouth. I collapsed. Then they lowered me again into the water. The next thing I remember was waking up in the Hall, with all of my clothes on except for my underwear. I could not move. Another detainee lying next to me was patting me on my back. There was a tube in my arm and a bag of saline hanging on a stand. At about 7 in the morning, this was removed by a medical assistant. My hands were again cuffed in front. I could barely walk, but I managed to make it somehow to the toilet. Inside, I lifted my blindfold and saw that my thighs were black and blue and covered in blisters. A guard later said to me when he saw wounds from the electric shock, “you must have stolen a mango and got bitten by an ant.” I found out later that the guards urinated in the water container. "
||

Permanent Link to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home